This flavorful condiment is excellent on top of pork tenderloin, or served with grilled bread and our herbed cream cheese!
1½ cups cherries, pitted
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup diced shallot
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat the grill to high.
2. In a medium bowl, toss the cherries with oil until well coated. Carefully place the cherries onto the grill grates (or use a grilling basket) and grill until lightly charred in spots and tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Use tongs to return the cherries to the bowl. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. Once the cherries have cooled, add the onion, garlic, vinegar and cilantro. Mix well, then season with salt and pepper.
Try this easy syrup splashed into your next glass of lemonade!
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 cup packed mint leaves, stems removed
1. To make mint simple syrup, combine sugar, water, and mint leaves in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Immediately reduce heat and allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Strain the leaves.
This smoky sauce is wonderful atop grilled bratwurst, or slathered on grilled bread.
1 bunch purple scallions
3 small lemons
2 garlic cloves, skins on
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1. Cut off the roots of the scallions, and trim about an inch off their greens. Cut the lemons into thin slices, reserving the ends for another use. Toss the scallions, lemon slices, and garlic with the oil, salt and pepper.
2. Grill until charred on all sides, being careful not to burn the garlic. Let cool in a bowl.
3. Peel the garlic and mince. Finely chop the lemons and slice the green onions. Mix everything together with the parsley. Add salt if desired.
This lovely vinaigrette is bright with lemon juice, sweet honey and fresh parsley.
4 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, pressed
¾ cup olive oil
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
1. Whisk together lemon juice, zest, honey, parsley, mustard and garlic in a small bowl.
2. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until smooth. Use immediately, or chill for a later use. If chilled, allow vinaigrette to come to room temperature again, then whisk again to combine.