A quick and easy dessert—simply toss cherries with the following ingredients, then sprinkle with our signature crisp topping.
5 cups cherries, washed and pitted
1½ cups sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1-2 tablespoons of butter
F&L cherry-almond fruit crisp topping
1. Preheat the oven to 375°.
2. Toss the cherries with the sugar and cornstarch. Place in oven safe dish and add butter dabs to the top.
3. Sprinkle the fruit crisp topping evenly over the cherries, covering them completely. Bake until the topping is lightly browned and the fruit is bubbling.
Drizzled with honey and topped with toasted almonds, these peaches are simply stunning for dessert.
4 peaches, halved
1 teaspoon melted butter
3 teaspoons honey, divided
2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
⅓ cup whipping cream
½ teaspoon almond extract
1 ½ tablespoons powdered sugar
1. Heat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat.
2. In a small dish whisk together the melted butter and a teaspoon of honey. Cut the peaches in half and brush the melted honey butter on the cut side.
3. Place the peaches cut-side down onto the heated grill pan. Grill the peaches for about 2-3 minutes until softened and just slightly charred, and then remove and place them cut-side up onto a plate.
4. Using a stand mixer with the whisk attachment or a hand mixer, add the whipping cream, almond extract, and powdered sugar and beat the whipped cream until stiff peaks form.
5. To serve, spoon about a tablespoon of the whipped cream on top of each peach half, then sprinkle on the sliced almonds and drizzle on the remaining 2 teaspoons of honey.
It’s hard to beat this classic summer dessert—just add vanilla ice cream!
F&L cobbler crust mix
F&L cherry-almond topping
1 large egg
1¼ cups milk or buttermilk
¼ cup vegetable oil or shortening
4 cups sliced peaches
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup sugar
1. Melt butter in a 13-by-9-inch baking dish. Meanwhile, beat the egg in a large bowl and then stir in the F&L cobbler crust mix, milk or buttermilk and vegetable oil or shortening until just combined (batter will be slightly lumpy).
2. In a saucepan, bring sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Pour the peach mixture into the baking dish and top with cobbler batter and then sprinkle with the cherry-almond topping.
3. Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve cobbler warm or at room temperature.
This rustic French dessert combines fresh, juicy cherries and creamy, custardy batter, all baked to golden-brown perfection.
1 pound fresh cherries, stemmed and pitted
Farm & Larder clafoutis batter
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Butter cake pan or individual ramekins. Arrange cherries in a single layer in pan.
2. Pour prepared batter evenly over cherries in pan. If necessary, gently shake pan to allow custard to settle.
3. Bake clafoutis until custard is set and top is golden brown, about 30 minutes for ramekins and 45-55 minutes for cake pan. Let cool 20 minutes, then run a knife around pan sides to loosen clafoutis (if using a cake pan). Dust top with powdered sugar; cut into wedges and serve.