A simply-stunning topping for this week’s cobbler!
1 cup heavy cream
½ cup crème fraîche
1 tablespoon granulated sugar*
1. Chill the bowl of a stand mixer and the whisk attachment in the freezer for 10 minutes.
2. Place all of the ingredients in the bowl and whisk on high speed until medium peaks form, about 1 to 2 minutes. (Alternatively, you can use a hand whisk and a large chilled bowl. Whisk all of the ingredients until medium peaks form, about 5 to 6 minutes.) Serve immediately.
* Feel free to sub in your favorite sweetener here; our favorites are honey or even a splash of bourbon maple syrup!
It’s hard to beat this classic summer dessert—just add whipped crème fraîche!
4 cups sliced peaches*
F&L cobbler crust mix
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
Ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
1. Melt butter in a 13-by-9-inch baking dish. Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the F&L cobbler crust mix with the milk, stirring until dry ingredients are just moistened.
2. Bring 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Pour the peach mixture into the baking dish and top with cobbler batter. Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg, if desired.
3. Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and a tester comes out clean. Serve cobbler warm or cool with a generous dollop of whipped crème fraîche.
* Feel free to add in a few of this week’s apriums, as well—delicious!
The perfect no-fuss dessert!
2 ripe peaches, halved
¼ cup raw pecans
¼ cup pitted dried dates
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch fine-grain sea salt
1. Divide the peaches evenly among 4 small bowls and set them aside.
2. In a food processor or blender, pulse the pecans to break them up a bit. Add the dates, sea salt, and spices. Process until the mixture is crumbly and sticking together. (If it seems too dry and isn’t sticking together, add another date or two.)
3. Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the peaches and enjoy! This is also wonderful topped with a dollop of crème fraîche or vanilla ice cream.
Moist and incredibly flavorful, this cake comes together in just minutes!
F&L cake mix
4-6 apricots, peeled, pitted and diced
F&L apricot-almond crumble topping
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs and diced apricots, stirring well to combine.
2. Pour batter into a greased cake pan and top with the apricot-almond topping. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly and serve warm.