Drizzled with honey and topped with toasted almonds, these apricots are simply stunning for dessert.
4 apricots, halved
1 teaspoon melted butter
3 teaspoons honey, divided
2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
⅓ cup whipping cream
½ teaspoon almond extract
1 ½ tablespoons powdered sugar
1. Heat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat.
2. In a small dish whisk together the melted butter and a teaspoon of honey. Cut the apricots in half and brush the melted honey butter on the cut side.
3. Place the apricots cut side down onto the heated grill pan. Grill the apricots for about 2 minutes until softened and just slightly charred, and then remove and place them cut side up onto a plate.
4. Using a stand mixer with the whisk attachment or a hand mixer, add the whipping cream, almond extract, and powdered sugar and beat the whipped cream until stiff peaks form.
5. To serve, spoon about a tablespoon of the whipped cream on top of each apricot half, then sprinkle on the sliced almonds and drizzle on the remaining 2 teaspoons of honey.