These kabobs are incredibly colorful, accented by halloumi cheese and fresh oregano.
8 ounces halloumi cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 Corne di Tori sweet peppers, seeded and cut into large slices
½ purple eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 zucchini, sliced in half and then cut into 1-inch slices
1 onion, peeled and sliced in half, then cut into 1-inch slices
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons oregano leaves
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
Wood or metal skewers
1. Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high. (If using wooden skewers, place in a sheet pan and cover with water; allow to soak while prepping the other ingredients.)
2. Thread the chopped ingredients onto skewers, alternating between cheese and vegetables (peppers, eggplant, zucchini and onion pieces).
3. In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons olive oil with a dash of salt and pepper, then brush each skewer kabob on both sides with the mixture. Additionally, slice lemon in half.
4. Grill each kabob, flipping occasionally, until vegetables are tender and slightly charred, and the cheese is golden. While kabobs are cooking, also grill the lemon halves, flesh side down until slightly charred.
5. Remove kabobs and lemon from grill and transfer kabobs to a platter. Drizzle with additional 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with oregano. Squeeze juice from the grilled lemon over top.