Shake up your breakfast routine with this hearty, healthy vegetable hash!
2 cups Hakurei turnips, scrubbed, peeled and sliced into 1-inch pieces
2 cups carrots, peeled, scrubbed and sliced into 1-inch pieces
2 cups cauliflower, scrubbed and sliced into small florets
2 cups Easter Egg and/or French Breakfast radishes, scrubbed and sliced into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus additional for frying the eggs
4 duck eggs
1 teaspoon finely-chopped thyme
1. Heat the oven to 400°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
2. Using your fingers, toss the vegetables with the oil, salt and thyme in a bowl and then transfer to baking sheet.
3. Put the vegetables in the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Flip them gently with a spatula and continue to roast until the vegetables are browned and crispy, another 10 to 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat additional 2 tablespoons olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat until shimmery. Carefully crack 1 duck egg and drop into the pan, seasoning generously with salt and pepper. Fry until whites are set and crispy around the edges, but yolk is still runny, about 3-4 minutes. Repeat with remaining eggs.
5. Remove vegetables from oven and top each individual serving with a fried duck egg.