Fresh Corn Salad
Crisp, crunchy and spicy, this side salad is even better the second day!
3 cups corn kernels, cut from husks
1 heirloom tomato, seeded and diced, or 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
2 sweet peppers, seeded and diced
1 Anaheim chile pepper, seeded and diced
½ Walla Walla sweet onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
¼ cup chopped parsley
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
1. Combine corn, tomato, peppers, Anaheim chili, sweet onion and garlic in a small mixing bowl.
2. Toss in the garlic and parsley and combine, then drizzle with olive oil and red wine vinegar. Taste and season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Variation: Try adding in 1 cup of this week’s canned Italian borlotti beans!
Baked Tomatoes with Farro & Feta
This flavorful and satisfying main dish is stuffed with hearty farro, tangy feta cheese and fresh herbs.
4 heirloom tomatoes, halved
¾ cup cooked farro
¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 teaspoon finely chopped Anaheim pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450°.
2. Slice the tomatoes from core to core. Remove and discard the seeds and juice, and add the tomatoes to a casserole dish. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Combine the 2 tablespoons olive oil, farro, feta cheese, parsley, garlic, shallot and Anaheim pepper with some salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Fill the tomatoes with the mixture. Bake 20 minutes. Drizzle with a splash of olive oil before serving.