Pairing pretty-pink radicchio and a light citrus vinaigrette, this salad is incredibly refreshing.
1 head La Rosa del Veneto radicchio, cored and sliced into thin pieces
¼ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup toasted pecans, roughly chopped
2 blood oranges, peeled and separated into segments
Farm & Larder citrus vinaigrette
Fresh ground pepper
1. Place chopped radicchio in large mixing bowl, add cranberries, oranges and pecans.
2. Toss with about ½ cup Farm & Larder vinaigrette, then check for taste and add more as needed. Top with fresh ground pepper to your liking.
This moist loaf is wonderful with a fresh cup of joe!
½ cup unsalted butter
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 ½ cups fresh cranberries
½ cup freshly-squeezed Mandarin orange juice
1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Butter a 9-inch by 5-inch loaf pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars together. Add the egg and orange juice and mix until blended. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and beat into the butter mixture. Gently fold in the cranberries and walnuts until just mixed.
3. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake until golden and a tester has just a few moist crumbs on it, about 45 minutes. Let cool before removing from pan.