Tossed with a light balsamic vinaigrette, this crisp salad is both bold and beautiful.
4-6 cups Mizuna greens
1 Manon pear, cored and thinly sliced
1 Arkansas Black apple, cored and thinly slice
½ cup blue cheese, crumbled
¾ cup olive oil
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1 clove garlic, crushed
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
1. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar and garlic until well combined. Season to taste with salt and ground pepper.
2. In a large serving bowl, combine Mizuna greens and apple and pear slices. Toss with about half of the vinaigrette, adding more to taste as desired. Crumble blue cheese over top, season generously with black pepper and serve.
In honor of Valentine’s Day, this week’s box embraces two of our greatest loves: fresh, seasonal fare and gathering around the table with the ones we adore most. Thus, this rustic, romantic menu is fit for sharing with flavorful fish stock and our hand-crafted starter base to combine in a robust cioppino stew, plus crusty Pain au Levain bread and an all-star salad trio—peppery Mizuna greens, juicy oranges and bright citrus vinaigrette. Also included: Warmly-spiced pear butter, farm-fresh eggs and heart-shaped sugar cookies to end your evening on a sweet note.
Here are a few recipe ideas for the week:
Cara Cara & Blood Orange Salad with Mizuna Greens
This citrus-kissed salad is beautifully presented with colorful orange slices and crisp fennel.
Braised Fennel & Carrots
Kissed with honey and orange zest, this beautiful side sings with bright flavor.
This unexpected side dish is sure to be a new favorite!
Rustic Garlic Croutons
These garlicky nibbles are fantastic served with this week’s cioppino!
Meyer Lemon Relish
This fresh-and-tart spread from Food & Wine is wonderful served alongside chicken, halibut or a freshly-toasted baguette.
Meyer Lemon-Olive Oil Custard
Ready in 10 minutes, this thick, creamy custard would be wonderful served alongside this week’s sugar cookies.
Fragrant garlic adds a bright, flavorful finish to fresh spring greens in this easy recipe.
⅓ cup olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
¼ cup cider vinegar
1½ pound mixed tender greens, such as French sorrel and baby lettuces
1. Heat oil and garlic in a small saucepan over moderate heat until fragrant, about 1 minute.
2. Stir in vinegar and immediately pour over greens. Season with salt and pepper and toss well. Serve right away.
This flavor-packed salad is both light and fresh, accented with creamy blue cheese, juicy pomegranate and crunchy candied pecans.
Farm & Larder pear vinaigrette
4-5 Seckel pears, seeded and sliced
4 Belgian endives, sliced thinly
½ cup pomegranate seeds
½ cup crumbled blue cheese
½ cup candied pecans
Fresh ground pepper
1. Rinse Mizuna greens and pat dry with paper towels, or spin dry in a salad spinner. Transfer to large mixing bowl and add sliced pear, endive and pomegranate seeds.
2. Drizzle with about ½ cup Farm & Larder pear vinaigrette, and season to taste with fresh ground pepper, adding more vinaigrette as desired. Sprinkle with candied pecans and crumbled blue cheese.