A delightfully-fresh spin on roasted carrots.
1 bunch carrots, peeled
2 teaspoon butter, melted
2 teaspoon honey
½ teaspoon fresh thyme
⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
⅛ teaspoon smoked paprika
½ cup queso fresco, crumbled
¼ cup pomegranate seeds
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
2. In a small bowl melt butter in the microwave (about 15 seconds). Add honey, thyme, cayenne, smoked paprika and a pinch each salt and pepper to the melted butter and mix together.
3. Pour the seasoning mixture over carrots and toss to make sure they are evenly coated. Spread carrots out on the baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes.
4. Transfer roasted carrots to a serving dish and top with crumbled queso fresco and pomegranate seeds. Serve warm.
4. Transfer roasted carrots to a serving dish and top with crumbled feta and pomegranate seeds. Serve warm.
Though the calendar may say fall, the recent warm and sunny weather has the gardens still thinking it’s summer as they continue to produce favorites like cherry tomatoes, eggplant and cucumbers as well as fall apples, hearty greens and more. Break out the grill for one last cookout this week with a lineup starring our house-blend dry rub to season up grill-friendly fare, plus all the ingredients for eggplant caponata and a mixed vegetable frittata to serve alongside. Uncork a bottle of French red wine, slice up some Pomodoro bread and toast to the last of summer.
Here are some recipe ideas for the week:
This traditional Tuscan relish is lovely on toasted Pomodoro bread.
Grilled Radicchio with Olive Oil & Sea Salt
These radicchio wedges are wonderful served alongside a grilled entrée.
Piracicaba Sprouting Broccoli Salad
This room temperature salad from The Barefoot Contessa has just the right amount of crunch!
Celery & Cucumber Salad with Herbs
This side salad from Martha Stewart is incredibly crisp and refreshing.