Sweet and delicious with green tops, these onions are at their best grilled. But, if you don’t have a stovetop grill, they are also delicious roasted in the oven.
Whole green onions with tops
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Wash and trim any roots from bottom of onions.
3. Trim onions to approximately 12 inches in length and slice in half lengthwise, leaving green tops attached.
4. Spray or brush baking sheet with olive oil.
5. Brush onion halves with olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Grill on stovetop grill or roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until tender and caramelized.
7. If desired, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with fresh herbs before serving.