These oeufs en cocotte boast a wonderful balance with rich crème fraîche, plus bright parsley and chives.
8 large eggs
1 cup Farm & Larder crème fraîche
8 ounces smoked salmon, flaked
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Season the crème fraîche with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Place a heaped tablespoon of crème fraîche in the bottom of a small individual ramekin or custard cup, followed by a sprinkling of parsley and chives. Crack an egg on top, add a second tablespoon of crème fraîche and sprinkle with an additional pinch each of salt and pepper. Repeat with remaining ramekins.
4. Place the ramekins in a baking dish and pour enough lukewarm water into the dish to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until the egg yolks are set to your liking. Finish each serving with a helping of smoked salmon and additional chopped herbs.