This classic Julia Child recipe is always a home run!
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound baby red potatoes, peeled and cut in half if on the larger side
3 large leeks (1 pound), cleaned and thinly sliced
6 cups vegetable or chicken stock
1-2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ cup heavy cream
½ cup mascarpone
⅓ cup minced parsley
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large (6-plus quart) stockpot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add the leek and potato. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables have begun to soften and brown slightly, about 5 -10 minutes (time will vary greatly depending on the surface area of the bottom of your pot).
2. Add the stock, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
3. Blend until smooth, either using an immersion blender or by carefully transferring to a blender in batches.
4. Add the cream, and season to taste with salt and lemon juice.
5. Ladle into bowls, and garnish with a dollop of mascarpone and a healthy sprinkling of minced parsley.