Drizzled with honey and topped with toasted almonds, these peaches are simply stunning for dessert.
4 peaches, halved
1 teaspoon melted butter
3 teaspoons honey, divided
2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
⅓ cup whipping cream
½ teaspoon almond extract
1 ½ tablespoons powdered sugar
1. Heat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat.
2. In a small dish whisk together the melted butter and a teaspoon of honey. Cut the peaches in half and brush the melted honey butter on the cut side.
3. Place the peaches cut-side down onto the heated grill pan. Grill the peaches for about 2-3 minutes until softened and just slightly charred, and then remove and place them cut-side up onto a plate.
4. Using a stand mixer with the whisk attachment or a hand mixer, add the whipping cream, almond extract, and powdered sugar and beat the whipped cream until stiff peaks form.
5. To serve, spoon about a tablespoon of the whipped cream on top of each peach half, then sprinkle on the sliced almonds and drizzle on the remaining 2 teaspoons of honey.