Meyer Lemon & Dill Buttermilk Dressing
Drizzle this light and creamy dressing over your favorite salad greens, or serve with fresh veggies as a dip!
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup Greek yogurt
Zest and juice of 1 Meyer lemon
2 tablespoons freshly-chopped dill
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
1. Combine buttermilk, Greek yogurt, lemon zest and lemon juice in a bowl. Whisk together until smooth. Stir in the chopped fresh dill and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Meyer Lemon-Olive Oil Custard
Ready in 10 minutes, this thick, creamy custard would be wonderful served alongside warm sugar cookies.
3 eggs, at room temperature
½ cup sugar
½ cup Meyer lemon juice
2 tablespoons Meyer lemon zest
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup high-quality olive oil
1. Place all ingredients except for the olive oil in a blender or food processor.
2. Turn the blender on to its highest setting and process for 4 minutes. While continuing to run on high speed, pour in the olive oil and blend well.
3. Transfer mixture to a double boiler (or bowl set over gently-simmering water in a pot) on the stove top, and stir until custard begins to thicken, about 4-5 minutes.
4. Custard can be refrigerated for up to three days or frozen for longer storage; try it topped with a dusting of powdered sugar and additional lemon zest.
Meyer Lemon Aioli
This bright aioli is fantastic served with asparagus, or other grilled or sautéed spring veggies!
1 shallot, peeled and minced
¾ cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fresh Meyer lemon juice
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
1. Process all ingredients in a blender until smooth; transfer to a small bowl. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes or up to 3 days.
Full of Flavor Recipes
Fit for brunch, lunch and beyond, this week’s box is inspired by the bright flavors of Spain, starring our savory tomato jam, spicy chorizo sausage links from Skagit River Ranch and a take on the classic Spanish tortilla that mixes farm-fresh eggs with fragrant rosemary and salty pancetta. Also included: Seasonal produce such as Cara Cara oranges, peppery arugula and pink Cipollini onions, plus Kalamata olive bread and spring daffodils to further brighten your home. Enjoy!
Here are a few recipe ideas for the week:
Cara Cara Orange Salad with Honey-Lime Vinaigrette
This crisp, citrus-kissed salad is both bold in flavor and beautiful in presentation.
Roasted Acorn Squash
Buttery and incredibly delicious, winter squash is wonderful roasted with just a touch of brown sugar.
Butter-Braised Carrots with Thyme
Braised in sweet butter and tossed with garlic and thyme, these carrots are truly sublime.
Roasted Beets with Raspberry Vinegar
Kissed with notes of raspberry and orange, these beets are truly fantastic!
Meyer Lemon Relish
This fresh-and-tart spread from Food & Wine is wonderful served alongside chicken, halibut or a freshly-toasted baguette.
Rosemary-Honey Marinated Oranges
Crafted with sweet honey and fragrant rosemary, these oranges are incredible served with ice cream for dessert!