Radicchio Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
Pairing pretty-pink radicchio and a light citrus vinaigrette, this salad is incredibly refreshing.
1 head La Rosa del Veneto radicchio, cored and sliced into thin pieces
¼ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup toasted pecans, roughly chopped
2 blood oranges, peeled and separated into segments
Farm & Larder citrus vinaigrette
Fresh ground pepper
1. Place chopped radicchio in large mixing bowl, add cranberries, oranges and pecans.
2. Toss with about ½ cup Farm & Larder vinaigrette, then check for taste and add more as needed. Top with fresh ground pepper to your liking.
This country-style tart allows fall apples to shine, kissed with tart cranberries, brown sugar and a gorgeous honey glaze.
Farm & Larder galette dough, chilled
1 cup fresh cranberries, washed
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
5 tablespoons brown sugar
Pinch ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 425° and prepare the filling: Peel apples, coring and cutting them into ¼ -inch slices. In a large bowl toss the apple slices with the cranberries and sprinkle in the cornstarch, brown sugar and cinnamon and toss until the fruit is evenly coated. Set aside.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll the chilled dough into a large circle about nine inches in diameter. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and draping the dough over the rolling pin, transfer to the prepared baking sheet. (If the dough breaks at all, patch it up with your fingers and a dab of ice water.)
3. Arrange the fruit filling in a mound in the center of the dough, leaving a 2-inch border. Dot the fruit with the butter, cut into small pieces. Fold the border over the filling. Bake the tart for 15 minutes, and then reduce the oven temperature to 350° and bake for another 40 minutes, until the apples and cranberries are juicy and tender and the crust is golden brown.
4. When the tart is done remove it from the oven and transfer to a plate to cool slightly. Cut into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature.
Home for the Holidays Recipes
‘Tis the season for family and friends to gather around and celebrate the most magical time of year—allow us to lending a helping hand with any soirée you have planned with a bevy of housemade accoutrements ranging from buttery galette dough and Chanterelle duxelles to chicken liver pâté and both candied cranberries and sweet-tart cranberry syrup. Also included in this holiday lineup: Smoked blue cheese, pear vinaigrette and such produce as celery root, Tokyo turnips and fennel. Happy holidays from our family to yours!
Here are some recipe ideas for the week:
Apple-Pear Galette with Smokey Blue Cheese
Slice this beautiful tart into wedges and serve as an appetizer!
Smokey Blue Cheese-Stuffed Pears over Arugula Greens
Topped with spectacular slices of blue cheese stuffed-pear, this salad always wows guests.
Celery Root & Potato Purée
This beautiful side dish is a delightful spin on traditional mashed potatoes.
Sautéed Turnips with Garlic & Greens
Tossed with flavorful garlic, these turnips are incredibly tender thanks to a quick simmer in chicken stock.
Simmered in a combination water and milk bath, this cauliflower dish from Pierre Franey’s Cooking in America is meltingly smooth and incredibly satisfying.
Baked Lady Apples
A true classic, this beautiful dessert is lovely topped with crème fraîche.
Apple Galette with Candied Cranberries
This country-style tart is also topped with a drizzle of our housemade cranberry syrup.