Punched up with bright spring onions, these scrambled eggs are divine.
¼ cup milk
½ cup chopped leeks, white and light green parts only
½ cup chopped spring onions
1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
1 tablespoon freshly-chopped parsley
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
1. Heat the butter or oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the spring onions and leeks and cook, stirring constantly, for about 2-3 minutes, until both are softened and fragrant.
2. Crack eggs and break over a shallow bowl. Break yolks with a whisk or fork, then whisk together with the milk, seasoning generously with salt and pepper. Add eggs to the frying pan and mix with the onions and leeks.
3. Cook, stirring occasionally until eggs are set and no longer runny. Gently mix in the freshly-chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Light, bright and spiced with alluring fragrance, Moroccan cuisine is defined by robust flavors and textured dishes, all of which we bring to you in this week’s box. With our own rich and savory shakshuka, gorgeous preserved lemons, peppery extra virgin olive-oil, plump sultanas, pitted green olives, and a sweet, floral spice blend that channels traditional ras el hanout, this delivery is sure to perk up your taste buds, also featuring red radishes, golden beets, leeks and a bevy of spring greens like crunchy pea shoots and colorful rainbow Swiss chard.
Here are a few recipe ideas for the week:
Preserved-Lemon Rice Pilaf with Moroccan Spices
An excellent side for grilled chicken or fish!
Moroccan Beet Salad
Kissed with freshly-squeezed orange juice, cilantro and mint, this salad will brighten up any spread.
These crispy leeks are a wonderful garnish for salads, soups or main dish proteins like beef, pork or salmon.
Rainbow Swiss Chard with Preserved Lemon Vinaigrette
A light, lemony dressing adds bright appeal to tender Swiss chard.
Preserved Lemon Vinaigrette
Fantastic drizzled over salad greens or this week’s rainbow Swiss chard.
This colorful pasta is incredibly versatile—feel free to add in any of your favorite spring veggies!
1 pound pasta of your choice
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
¼ pound baby carrots, trimmed of greens and sliced into coins
½ pound asparagus, ends snapped and sliced into ¼-inch-thick pieces
¾ cup freshly-shelled peas
¼ cup thinly sliced leeks, white part only
4 cups braising greens
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
⅔ cup grated Grana-style cheese
¼ cup crème fraîche or ricotta cheese, at room temperature
3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
Salted capers and Piranske Soline Fior di Sale sea salt
1. Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil over medium-high heat.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots, asparagus, peas and leeks. Cook until vegetables are barely tender (but not too soft or mushy), 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in braising greens and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes more, until the greens are wilted. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
3. Drop pasta into boiling water and cook until al dente. Drain well and transfer pasta to the skillet. Immediately toss pasta with vegetables, grated Grana cheese, crème fraîche or ricotta and herbs. Top each serving with salted capers and a pinch of sea salt, as desired.
Seasoned with salt and pepper, these leeks make for a satisfying side.
4 leeks, trimmed and sliced lengthwise
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
½ cup vegetable or chicken broth
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. In oiled roasting pan with sides, brush leeks with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast leeks until tender, about 35 to 45 minutes. While roasting, drizzle leeks with broth a few times to keep them moist.
3. Remove from oven and serve immediately.