Plan on 1 cup of prepared mix yielding six 4-inch pancakes.
1 cup emmer pancake mix
⅓ cup milk
¾ cup buttermilk
1 large egg
2 tablespoons unsalted, melted butter or oil
1. Mix together the wet ingredients and then fold those ingredients into 1 cup of the emmer mix and whisk together.
2. Heat a griddle or waffle iron, brushing generously with oil or butter. Add desired amount of mix. For pancakes, when bottoms brown and surface starts to bubble, flip cakes and continue to heat until cooked through.
Sautéed Fall Orchard Fruit
Kissed with fragrant cinnamon and brown sugar, these are sublime on waffles, pancakes or crêpes.
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
2 pears, peeled, cored and sliced
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
Pinch of cinnamon
1. In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the fruit slices and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned in spots, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the sugar and cinnamon, reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the fruit is softened and lightly caramelized, about 10 minutes longer. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Breakfast Favorites Recipes
Whether you favor a breakfast-for-dinner feast on Halloween night, or a leisurely brunch after enjoying that extra hour of sleep from Daylight Savings, this week’s bright lineup is sure to satisfy with favorite fixins’ like whole grain hotcake mix, organic sausages from Skagit River Ranch and fresh-baked cinnamon-raisin bread. Also included: Crisp apple cider, our housemade crème fraîche and beautiful fall produce like Melrose apples, Delicata squash and Chioggia beets. Enjoy!
Here are a few recipe ideas for the week:
Whole Grain Hotcakes
Crafted with hearty whole grains and nuts, this mix produces one satisfying flapjack!
Kissed with fragrant cinnamon and brown sugar, these apples are sublime on hotcakes.
These delightful beets from Rick Rodgers’ The Big Book of Sides are sure to be a new fall favorite.
Potato Salad with Apples & Walnuts
This crisp potato salad will be especially beautiful with this week’s Magic Myrna fingerling potatoes.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pears
This unique flavor combination is accented by salty pistachios.
This dish can’t be beat for presentation, served whole and topped with olive oil and sea salt.
Whole Grain Hotcakes
Crafted with hearty whole grains and nuts, our signature mix produces one satisfying flapjack!
1 cup hotcake mix
1 cup water
1. Mix together mix and water in a large bowl.
2. Heat skillet over medium-high, adding a dab of butter to grease the pan. Spoon a scant ¼ cup hotcake mixture into the pan. Cook 3-4 minutes, then flip and continue cooking until browned on both sides. Set aside and repeat process; mix should yield 12-14 hotcakes.
3. Top with maple syrup and sautéed apples and enjoy!