This easy slaw is incredibly crisp, light and fresh.
1 large kohlrabi, peeled, stems trimmed off and grated
½ head green cabbage, shredded
6 baby carrots, peeled and grated
½ red onion, grated
4 tablespoon chopped cilantro
¼ cup golden raisins
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1. Combine the kohlrabi, cabbage, carrots, onion, cilantro and raisins in a large bowl.
2. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, cider vinegar, sugar and salt. Pour the dressing over the slaw, and mix until fully coated. Chill for several hours before serving.
Happy New Year! Get 2017 off to a fresh start with this week’s lineup, which features a comforting soup crafted from organic winter vegetables simmered in our own chicken stock, plus nutty whole-grain bread and fresh produce including Acorn squash, yellow Chantenay carrots and golden beets. Coupled with a Guatemalan chocolate bar, Grana-style cheese and farm-fresh eggs from our flock of heritage breed hens, this beautiful winter menu is both richly flavorful and resolution friendly.
Here are a few recipes ideas for the week:
This easy frittata is baked in a skillet with seasonal veggies, fragrant garlic and Grana-style cheese.
Butter-Braised Savoy Cabbage
Gently cooking chopped cabbage in a bit of butter and salt creates a meltingly-tender, richly-flavored side dish.
Balsamic-Glazed Root Vegetables
An herb-packed marinade infuses fresh flavor into winter staples like carrots and parsnips.
Spicy Honey-Glazed Parsnips
Drizzled with chili-honey butter, this roasted parsnip recipe from Bon Appetit is a real winner.
This fragrant and flavorful cauliflower is also wonderful served over pasta.
Tender, golden roasted cabbage is finished with fresh lemon juice and cracked pepper in this easy recipe.
1 head January King Savoy cabbage
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400° and grease a rimmed baking sheet.
2. Cut the cabbage into quarters and carve out the core. Cut each quarter into two lengthwise, and slice crosswise thinly. Place cabbage on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and toss to coat.
3. Insert cabbage into oven and bake for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through, until cooked through and golden brown in places.
4. Sprinkle with black pepper, dress with a touch of lemon juice, and serve.
Ward off the cold, wet weather this week with all the elements for a cozy chili night: Start off with our housemade chili—fragrant with garlic, onions and roasted peppers—then add spicy, all-natural Chorizo sausage as you please and serve alongside melty Gruyère cheese bread. Complemented with a French red wine, this satisfying supper is rounded out by beautiful produce including Brussels sprouts, Savoy cabbage and sweet fennel.
Here are a few recipe ideas for the week:
Carrot-Cabbage Slaw with Cilantro
This light, fresh side dish is wonderful served alongside this week’s chili.
Braised Savoy Cabbage with Chorizo
This versatile winter dish adapted from a Alice Waters recipe is delightful tossed with spicy Chorizo or diced bacon.
Braised Fennel & Carrots
Kissed with honey and orange zest, this side sings with bright flavor.
Brown Butter Kale
Simple and irresistible, this Tom Douglas recipe combines quality ingredients to bring out the inherently nutty flavor of this protein-rich green.
Roasted Savoy Cabbage
Tender, golden brown cabbage is finished with fresh lemon juice and cracked pepper in this easy recipe.
Fresh Fennel, Radicchio & Apple Salad
Tart, crunchy and crisp, this salad celebrates the classic combination of fennel and radicchio.