Adapted from a Gaby Dalkin recipe, this bright and lively salad is perfect for a hot summer’s day.
2 heirloom tomatoes, cored and cut into wedges
1 cup cherry tomatoes
2 ripe but firm plums, cut into wedges
2 ripe but firm peaches, cut into wedges
½ small red onion, thinly diced
⅓ cup feta, crumbled
Fresh basil leaves
Fresh mint leaves
F&L raspberry vinaigrette
Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
1. Arrange the tomatoes, peaches, plums and red onions on a large platter.
2. Drizzle with the raspberry vinaigrette and lightly toss to coat. Top with feta, basil and mint, and then season generously with salt and pepper.
Sprinkled with a dusting of cinnamon sugar, this fresh tart is sure to please.
Farm & Larder galette dough, chilled
4 ripe peaches
2 tablespoons sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Peel, halve and pit the peaches and slice into ¼-inch thick pieces. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
2. On a lightly floured work surface, roll the pastry into a 12-by-14-inch rectangle and transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet. Decoratively arrange the peach slices over the pastry to within an inch of the edge. Drizzle the honey over fruit, then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and dot with the pieces of butter. Fold the pastry edge up and over the peaches to create a 1-inch border.
3. Bake the galette for about 45 minutes, until the pastry is nicely browned and crisp and the peaches are tender. Transfer the pan to a rack and let the galette cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.